Definition / Define
- B Letter
- The second letter of the English alphabet, called bee and written in the Latin script.
- B Number
- The ordinal number second, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called bee and written in the Latin script.
- B Abbreviation
- The number of balls faced by a batsman.
- The quantity one billion (1,000,000,000), usually used to signify a sum of money.
- $2.8 B — “two point eight billion dollars” (i.e., $2,800,000,000).
- The grade of pencil that makes darker marks than grade HB but lighter marks than grade 2B; a pencil with soft lead.
- B Noun
- A personality type of someone who is relaxed and easygoing and able to engage in leisure activities without worrying about work.
- An academic grade, better than a C and worse than an A.
- Signifies a second-tier or second class of a given commodity, group, or category, as in B-movie, B-list, etc.
- The television studio revived some of it's B characters for the spinoff.
- The seventh note in the C major scale.