Definition / Define
- Backup Noun
- A reserve or substitute.
- If the goalkeeper is injured, we have a backup.
- A copy of a file or record, stored separately from the original, that can be used to recover the original if it is destroyed or damaged.
- After the power failure, we had to restore the database from backup.
- An accumulation of material that halts the flow or movement of something.
- The blockage caused a backup in the plumbing.
- He's got a gun - you better send for backup.
- Backup Adjective
- Standby, reserve or extra.
- I am only a backup player.
- That is intended as a backup.
- Make a backup copy of that file.