Definition / Define
- East Proper noun
- The wind from the east.
- And I sat down and wrote, In such a hand as when a field of corn Bows all its ears before the roaring East.
- Uneasy rushes of wind went through the hall East, West, North, and South, through the woods, four heavy-treading, unkempt figures crushed the high grass and cracked the branches.
- The Eastern world; the regions, primarily situated in the Eastern Hemisphere, whose culture is derived from India or China.
- I remember a hearty welcome; a prodigious supper, which would have fed a whole village in the East.
- The Eastern bloc; the eastern countries of Europe.
- The eastern states of the United States.
- The eastern part of any region.