Definition / Define
- Maude Proper noun
- A female given name; a less common spelling of Maud.
- He once more changed the subject of Maude's looks to her name, which he heard was really Matilda. She had been called Maude, Matty said, after one who was once a very dear friend both of herself and her husband.
- "Then we will call her Matilda," said he, "as it is a maxim of mine never to spoil children by giving them pet names.".
- "Fine," said Blanche, "but 'Maude' sounds anything but continental.".
- "Suppose we change her name to 'Meredith Meredro'," I suggested.