Definition / Define
- Object Noun
- A thing that has physical existence.
- The goal, end or purpose of something.
- The object of tlachtli was to keep the rubber ball from touching the ground while trying to push it to the opponent's endline.
- The noun phrase which is an internal complement of a verb phrase or a prepositional phrase. In a verb phrase with a transitive action verb, it is typically the receiver of the action.
- A person or thing toward which an emotion is directed.
- Mary Jane had been the object of Peter's affection for years.
- The convertible, once object of his desire, was now the object of his hatred.
- In object-oriented programming, an instantiation of a class or structure.
- Object Verb
- To disagree with something or someone; especially in a Court of Law, to raise an objection.