Definition / Define
- Picture Noun
- A representation of anything (as a person, a landscape, a building) upon canvas, paper, or other surface, by drawing, painting, printing, photography, etc.
- An image; a representation as in the imagination.
- A painting.
- There was a picture hanging above the fireplace.
- A photograph.
- I took a picture of that church.
- A motion picture.
- Casablanca is my all-time favorite picture.
- ("the pictures") Cinema (as a form of entertainment).
- Let's go to the pictures.
- A paragon, a perfect example or specimen (of a category).
- She's the very picture of health.
- Picture Verb
- To represent in or with a picture.
- To imagine or envision.
- Picture yourself on a beach.
- To depict.