Definition / Define
- Present Adjective
- Relating to now, for the time being; current.
- The present manager has been here longer than the last one.
- Located in the immediate vicinity.
- Is there a doctor present?.
- Several people were present when the event took place.
- Present Noun
- The current moment or period of time.
- The present tense.
- A gift, especially one given for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, graduations, weddings, or any other special occasions.
- Present Verb
- To reveal, to show.
- The theater is proud to present the Fearless Fliers.
- To offer to a court or legislature for consideration.
- To demand that a drawee pay, or that the presenter's bank accept, (a draft).
- To award a trophy, gift, etc, to.
- To come to the attention of medical staff.
- The patient presented with insomnia.