Definition / Define
- Biassing Noun
- In the game of crown green bowls: a weight added to one side of a bowl so that as it rolls, it will follow a curved rather than a straight path; the oblique line followed by such a bowl; the lopsided shape or structure of such a bowl.
- Inclination towards something; predisposition, partiality, prejudice, preference, predilection.
- Nature has pointed out a mixed kind of life as most suitable to the human race, and secretly admonished them to allow none of these biasses to draw too much.
- The diagonal line between warp and weft in a woven fabric.
- A voltage or current applied for example to a transistor electrode.
- The difference between the expectation of the sample estimator and the true population value, which reduces the representativeness of the estimator by systematically distorting it.
- Biassing Verb
- To place bias upon; to influence.
- Our prejudices bias our views.