Definition / Define
- C Letter
- The third letter of the English alphabet, called cee and written in the Latin script.
- C Number
- The ordinal number third, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called cee and written in the Latin script.
- C Symbol
- A standard size of dry cell battery between A and D.
- Guitar chord – C – Played 0 1 0 2 3 0.
- C Noun
- A particular high-level programming language.
- The PDP-11, from the Digital Equipment Corporation, was a coveted machine. It was the original computer to run a new programming language called C, which was on its way to becoming the hackers' standard. Gregory, as it happened, didn't have any spare PDP-11s at his disposal. But the repairman took the opportunity to question some of Nelson's blithe predictions in Computer Lib, and Nelson, in response, unleashed his glib and bitter tirade against the conservative ignoramuses in the computer business.
- $100; a c-note.
- A musical note; middle c.
- An academic grade better than a D and worse than a B.
- C Proper noun
- Head of the Secret Intelligence Service, incorrectly identified in the James Bond literature as "M" ("C" during WW2 was Col. Stewart Menzies - from whence "M").