Definition / Define
- Elect Noun
- In Calvinist theology, those foreordained to Heaven.
- Elect Verb
- To choose or make a decision (to do something).
- To choose (a candidate) in an election.
- Elect Adjective
- Who has been elected in a specified post, but has not yet entered office.
- He is the President-elect.
- She began almost to feel a dislike of Edward; and it ended, as every feeling must end with her, by carrying back her thoughts to Willoughby, whose manners formed a contrast sufficiently striking to those of his brother elect.