Definition / Define
- Electorate Noun
- The collective people of a country, state, or electoral district who are entitled to vote.
- The votes have been counted and the electorate has spoken.
- The geographic area encompassing an electoral district.
- The electorate of Finchley borders on the electorate of Much-Binding-in-the-Marsh, splitting the new housing estate of Royal Cupolas.
- The dominion of an Elector in the Holy Roman Empire.
- Fredrick the Great, Elector of Brandenburg and King of Prussia, commanded the most powerful electorate in the Empire.