Definition / Define
- Gammon Noun
- The lower or hind part of a side of bacon.
- A victory in backgammon achieved when the opponent has not taken a single stone; (also, rarely, backgammon, the game itself).
- A rope fastening a bowsprit to the stem of a ship (usually called a gammoning).
- Chatter, ridiculous nonsense.
- He swore that all other religions were gammon,And wore out his knees in the worship of Mammon.
- Gammon Verb
- To cure bacon by salting.
- To lash with ropes (on a ship).
- To deceive, to lie plausibly.
- To beat by a gammon (without the opponent taking a stone).