Definition / Define
- Grossed Adjective
- Coarse, rude, vulgar, obscene, or impure.
- But man to know God is a difficulty, except by a mean he himself inure, which is to know God’s creatures that be: at first them that be of the grossest nature, and then them that be more pure. — 1874: Dodsley et al., A Select Collection of Old English Plays.
- Great, large, palpable, bulky, or fat.
- Great, serious, flagrant, or shameful.
- A gross mistake.
- Gross injustice.
- Gross negligence.
- The whole amount; entire; total before any deductions.
- Gross domestic product.
- Grossed Noun
- A unit of amount = twelve dozen = 144 pcs.
- The total nominal earnings or amount, before taxes, expenses, exceptions or similar are deducted. That which remains after all deductions is called net.
- The bulk, the mass, the masses.
- Grossed Verb
- To earn money, not including expenses.
- The movie grossed three million on the first weekend.