Definition / Define
- Image Noun
- An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.
- A mental picture of something not real or not present.
- A file that contains all information needed to produce a live working copy. (see disk image, executable image and image copy).
- A characteristic of a person, group or company etc., style, manner of dress, how one is, or wishes to be, perceived by others.
- Something mapped to by a function.
- The number 6 is the image of 3 under f that is defined as f(x) = 2*x.
- The subset of a codomain comprising those elements that are images of something.
- The image of this step function is the set of integers.
- Image Verb
- To represent symbolically.
- To reflect, mirror.
- we look into a pair of eyes deep as our own, imaging our own, but all unconscious of us; to whom we for the time are become as spirits and invisible!.
- To create an image of.
- To create a complete backup copy of a file system or other entity.