Definition / Define
- Maces Noun
- A heavy fighting club.
- A ceremonial form of this weapon.
- A spice obtained from the outer layer of the kernel of the fruit of the nutmeg.
- A common name for some types of tear gas and pepper spray.
- A long baton used by some drum majors to keep time and lead a marching band. If this baton is referred to as a mace, by convention it has a ceremonial often decorative head, which, if of metal, usually is hollow and sometimes intricately worked.
- Maces Verb
- To spray in defense or attack with mace (pepper spray, or, formerly, tear gas) using a hand-held device.
- To spray a similar noxious chemical in defense or attack using an available hand-held device such as an aerosol spray can.
- 1989 Hiaasen, Carl, Skin Tight, Ballantine Books, New York, ch.22:.
- To hit someone or something with a mace.
- Get over here! I'll mace you good!.