Definition / Define
- Partial Adjective
- Existing as a part or portion; incomplete.
- So far, I have only pieced together a partial account of the incident.
- Describing a property that holds only when an algorithm terminates.
- It's easy to prove partial correctness, but it's not obvious that it is also totally correct.
- Biased in favor of a person, side, or point of view, especially when dealing with a competition or dispute.
- The referee is blatantly partial!.
- Partial Noun
- A partial derivative: a derivative with respect to one independent variable of a function in multiple variables.
- An overtone or harmonic.
- Dentures that replace only some of the natural teeth.