Definition / Define
- Perfect Adjective
- Fitting its definition precisely.
- A perfect circle.
- Having all of its parts in harmony with a common purpose.
- That bucket with the hole in the bottom is a poor bucket, but it is perfect for watering plants.
- Thoroughly skilled or talented.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Excellent and delightful in all respects.
- A perfect day.
- Representing a completed action.
- Sexually mature and fully differentiated.
- Having both male (stamens) and female (carpels) parts.
- Of a set, that it is equal to its set of limit points, i.e. set A is perfect if A=A'.
- Perfect Verb
- To make perfect; to improve or hone.
- I am going to perfect this article.
- You spend too much time trying to perfect your dancing.
- To take an action, usually the filing of a document in the correct venue, that secures a legal right.
- Perfect an appeal; perfect an interest; perfect a judgment.