Definition / Define
- Policy Noun
- A plan or course of action, especially one of an organization or government.
- A course of action thought to be prudent or tactically advantageous; hence prudence or sagacity.
- A statement of commitment to a broad requirement, often used in an organisation to instruct personnel as to a required outcome (note: whereas "Procedures" describe how a policy is implemented).
- Shrewdness or artfulness.
- These bitter accusations might have been suppressed, had I with greater policy concealed my struggles, and flattered you..
- A contract of insurance.
- An illegal daily lottery in late nineteenth and early twentieth century USA on numbers drawn from a lottery wheel (no plural).
- A number pool lottery.