Definition / Define
- Practical Noun
- That part of an exam or series of exams in which the candidate has to demonstrate their practical ability.
- Practical Adjective
- Based on practice or action rather than theory or hypothesis.
- Jack didn't get an engineering degree, but has practical knowledge of metalworking.
- Being likely to be effective and applicable to a real situation; able to be put to use.
- Jack's knowledge has the practical benefit of giving us useful prototype parts.
- Of a person, having skills or knowledge that are practical.
- All in all, Jack's a very practical chap.