Definition / Define
- Probation Noun
- A period of time when a person occupies a position only conditionally and may easily be removed for poor performance.
- You'll be on probation for first six months. After that, if you work out, they'll hire you permanently.
- A type of sentence where convicted criminals are allowed to continue living in the community but will automatically be sent to jail if they violate certain conditions.
- He got two years probation for robbery.
- The act of testing; proof.
- And I shall proceed to consider the testimony of Experience, when I shall have first advertis'd You, that if Men were as perfectly rational as 'tis to be wish'd they were, this sensible way of Probation would be as needless as 'tis wont to be imperfect.