Definition / Define
- Subculture Noun
- A portion of a culture distinguished by its customs or other features.
- The goth subculture has its own mode of dress, and it has a characteristic musical style.
- Like those activities, bodybuilding is an obsession, a living (for a few), and a way of life for the people involved in it—a subculture, in a word, with its own values, aesthetics and vocabulary.
- A culture made by transferring microorganisms from a previous culture to a fresh growth medium.
- Subculture Verb
- To transfer (microorganisms) to a fresh growth medium in order to start a new culture.