Definition / Define
- Surrogate Noun
- A substitute (usually of a person, position or role).
- A person or animal that acts as a substitute for the social or pastoral role of another, such as a surrogate mother.
- A deputy for a bishop in granting licences for marriage.
- : A judicial officer of limited jurisdiction, who administers matters of probate and intestate succession and, in some cases, adoptions.
- A surrogate or surrogate key is a unique identifier for either an entity in the modeled world or an object in the database.
- Any of a range of Unicode codepoints which are used in pairs in UTF-16 to represent characters beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane.
- Surrogate Adjective
- Of, concerning, relating to or acting as a substitute.
- Surrogate Verb
- To replace or substitute something with something else; appoint a successor.