Definition / Define
- Theme Noun
- A subject of a talk or an artistic piece; a topic.
- A recurring idea; a motif.
- The main melody of a piece of music, especially one that is the source of variations.
- The collection of color schemes, sounds, artwork etc., that "skin" an environment towards a particular motif.
- Stem of a word.
- Thematic relation of a noun phrase to a verb.
- Theta role in generative grammar and government and binding theory.
- Topic, what is being talked about, as opposed to rheme.
- A regional unit of organisation in the Byzantine empire.