Definition / Define
- Virtual Adjective
- In effect or essence, if not in fact or reality; imitated, simulated.
- In fact a defeat on the battlefield, Tet was a virtual victory for the North, owing to its effect on public opinion.
- Virtual addressing allows applications to believe that there is much more physical memory than actually exists.
- Nearly, almost. (A relatively recent corruption of meaning, attributed to misuse in advertising and media.).
- The angry peasants were a virtual army as they attacked the castle.
- Of something that is simulated in a computer or on-line.
- The virtual world of his computer game allowed character interaction.
- In object-oriented programming, capable of being overridden with a different implementation in a subclass.
- Related to technology.
- Virtual communication.
- Virtual Noun
- In C++, a virtual member function of a class.